State Subsidized, Employer-Specific Training Utilize State Funds to Train Your Employees
Eligible California employers can utilize state funds to train their employees through Employers Group. Employees can receive 8 to 200 hours of productivity-related training delivered by Employers Group on-site at your company’s facility, at our facility, or at another location identified by your company. Your company may also deliver the training. Training can be delivered from July 1, 2020 until March 15, 2022.
Typically, employers must meet the following requirements:
- Be a for-profit company/organization or pay into the ET Tax Fund
- Must have a 20% or less turnover rate for full-time employees for the prior calendar year (some exceptions allowed)
- Must meet one of the following:
- Manufacture a product
- Derive over 25% of the facility’s revenue from outside California
- Compete directly against a non-California firm that has no California employees
- Be a California corporate headquarters of a multi-state entity
- Be among other select industries, including: freight, transportation, warehousing, storage, software, motion picture tele-production, publishing, R&D, environmental consulting, communications
To complete an Eligibility Questionnaire contact our Training Department at JeffH@EverythingHR.com
Once Employer Eligibility is Determined:
EverythingHR will conduct a complimentary training needs assessment and work with your company to identify appropriate training topics and training populations. EverythingHR will then propose a solution that outlines costs and state reimbursement for your training. State reimbursement is based on a “per trainee basis” (for each eligible training hour each eligible trainee receives). Employers may receive 8 to 200 hours of training per trainee.
Trainee Eligibility Requirements:
For each training hour to be funded, trainees must:
- Work full-time (35+ hours per week) during training and 90 days after training.
- Complete at least 8 hours of eligible training.
- Earn an hourly wage of at least:
- $19.05 for Los Angeles County
- $18.39 for Orange County
- $20.00 for Bay Area Counties
- $18.34 for Sacramento County
- $18.34 for San Diego County
- $18.34 for all other counties
Note: The wage stated above must be met 90-days after training ends. Employer-paid health benefits of up to $2.50 can be included to meet or exceed wage requirement. Regular bonuses, shift differentials and some additional criteria may also be used. Contact Employers Group for details.
Popular Training Programs Include:
- Enroll Individuals in a public Leadership Academy.
- Have us deliver training on-site at your facility.
- Leadership Academy
- Team Member Academy
- Senior Leadership Academy
- Lean & Process Improvement
- Software Skills Training
- Vocational English
- Select Your Own Topics
- Deploy no-cost assessments to determine your training needs.
Receive Rebates for Training You are Providing:
Are you delivering training internally? Do you need to secure your own state-funded training contract? Do you need assistance with state funding in other states? We can help! For eligible California employers, we provide between $17.40 and $20.00 for each hour, each trainee receives. We have over $500,000 available and the training dates can be from June 30, 2020 until March 15, 2022.
Complete an eligibility application. We will supply you with a form to sign to verify eligibility, which will be approved in less than two weeks. Manufacturers can be approved in hours. We let you know what documentation we will need for reimbursement (rosters, trainee information). Eligible training includes computer skills, leadership, communications, lean and process improvement. Harassment, law, safety and compliance are NOT eligible. Rebates are processed by Employers Group and 75% is paid once training has been 100% delivered and the remaining 25% paid approximately nine months later. Funding is only provided after we receive reimbursement from the state.
For more information, please contact Jeffrey Hull at JeffH@EverythingHR.com, Talent Development Director, EverythingHR 213-999-3941